Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's really fall isn't it?

So, I've been trying to avoid the reality that the summer is over, but it really is just getting too hard to do that. I actually broke out the cashmere turtleneck yesterday so I could wear it to the Mariners game last night.

Thus begins the countless days of dreary nothingness weather that blankets the Northwest until next year...

On the bright side, though, school has begun here at Western so there are brand new shiny happy faces of freshmen here to begin their next journey in life. Last year I wrote about discovering that I really miss being a kid and having summer break not only for the amount of time off, but for the opportunity to begin a new experience by starting a new school year. I just wasn't getting that with my old job. I kind of get that small excitement again working for the University! It feels fresh and new even though I'm still doing my job...

Also, a bright side note... I get to wear knee-high boots and see what new and exciting things all of the designers have put out for the season! So, as much as I dreaded the summer ending, I do have a little joy in pulling out that cashmere to snuggle into!

No comments: