Saturday, September 15, 2007

Is Nordstrom still Number 1?

So, clearly I enjoy shopping as seen in photo at right. I have my favorite places and not so favorite places. Nordstrom ranks very highly, if not, number one on my list. Lately, I've had a few issues with one of the stores. I won't say exactly which one. Let's just say it's in the Seattle area.
Last month during the long awaited and much anticipated Anniversary Sale, I had some of the worst service I've ever had in the Women's Shoe Department. I had a young male that looked and acted like we woke him up from a nap. The store did not have the size I asked for, and the guy says, "We have an 8 1/2, do you want to try that?" Why did he ask that question?? If I wore an 81/2 I would ask for it. And I'm sorry but the shoe is not so incredible that I'm going to pay $150 for a pair of shoes that are a half size too small. The salesperson did not offer to locate the shoe at another Nordstrom nor check availability online, which is usually a standard service. He actually told me I could go and find it at another store. I told him I would just order the pair myself online. And then he just walked away from me with no offer of any other assistance or a thank you or anything. I felt completely undervalued. 
On the other hand, my husband and I had amazing service in the Men's shoe department. I would have purchased a million dollars in shoes from that salesperson. So, I chalk it up to one bad experience. 
 Okay, so today my girlfriend, April and I go to Nordstrom and April was in the market for a few pair of shoes. Someone is going to make a nice commission. Terrible service again! I saw the guy from the Anniversary sale and avoided him like the plague, so we have this other socially awkward salesperson who approaches. He brings out one box of shoes for April to try on. Mind you she asked for at least two pair to try on. April has to ask him where the other shoes are and he said, "Oh, you wanted to try on some shoes?" She replied, "Yes." And then he said, "Um, we didn't have any of those." How does he know they don't have them if he didn't even know he was looking?? Then he basically hands her the boots, tells us he'll be back and disappears... April did not buy any shoes at Nordstrom and we went to Macy's where she got a couple pair. What is up with the Nordstrom women's shoe department at this particular store??? I am going to take a little bit of a break from that particular location. I haven't checked statistics lately, but is Nordstrom still number one on the list for best customer service? ~

No comments: