Sunday, September 16, 2007

Three Legged Red

Dunham Cellars has created a fabulous red tablewine,Three Legged Red, that "blends a portion of its wines into this red table wine. Using fruit from all of our estate vineyards and using the same barrels in which our finest Cabernet, Merlots and Syrahs are aged". Which was frankly a brilliant idea! This wine is wonderful. The only thing they may want to change is the story on the label. Jeff and I were having dinner at Anthony's for our seventh anniversary. It was recommended by our server that we should read the label on the bottle of wine. I thought it was called Three Legged Red based solely on the fact that it is a combination of Cabernet, Merlot and Syrah wines, but apparently the name works on multiple levels. The vineyard also has a three legged dog named Port. And that is all I know of the story because my husband read the label as recommended and told me to absolutely not read it. He said it was a horrible and disturbing story, which I am imagining has something to do with why the dog only has three legs. I am extremely sensitive to animals and anything that even hints at an animal suffering in any way, so I did not and will not read the story. I'm sure it ultimately has a happy ending, because the dog on the label (I'm assuming it is Port) is pretty damn cute and happy. So, I highly recommend the wine when having a nice casual dinner or just wanting to sit and have a glass while reading a good book, eating some chocolate and listening to some Yo-Yo Ma or Andrea Bocelli ~

No comments: